for a quote today:
Or call us, We're here
to take your call
You've got questions about web design and we're adding answers here all the time. Check our Frequently Asked Questions below first to see if we've already answered your question and if not then by all means shoot us an email and ask away and we'll do our best to answer your questions and you never know, you may find your question added here in the future too!
Can we host our website with you?
Answer: Absolutely! I have excellent website hosting servers and very affordable rates. Just contact me and we can discuss your needs and get you set up so you can use your space as soon as possible!
Do I have to have a website created by you to be able to host with you?
Answer: Not at all (though we always hope you will *winks*). You can contact me for hosting anytime you like. Just choose the package you want to sign up for and I'll invoice you for the payment and get you setup a.s.a.p.!
How do I get to my webmail?
Answer: If you are working with the cPanel on your own, you will find all the information needed within the email accounts area. If you had your email address(es) set up by me, you will have been sent an email with a direct link to your webmail. Should you need this this information sent again, please contact me and we will be happy to provide you that information. Be sure your request comes from the same email address that is associated with your account.
How do I setup an email client?
Answer: Depending on the client you are using, the below information will get your email client setup without too many difficulties. These are settings for both IMAP and POP3 so you have a choice on how to set it up.
Secure SSL/TLS Settings
-Username: email@example.com (must use full email address for username)
-Password: Use the email account's password
-Incoming Server: chi-node66.websitehostserver.net
-Incoming Ports: IMAP Port: 993, POP3 Port: 995 (choose the one you're setting up for, don't need both)
-Outgoing Server: chi-node66.websitehostserver.net
-Outgoing SMTP Port: 465
Authentication is required for IMAP, POP3, and SMTP. (this means if you see an SSL/TLS type of setting, choose it)
Can I check and send email from my Gmail account?
Answer: Yes you can and it's easy to do! Here's the step by step instructions on how to do this so you can use your Gmail Inbox to check your email. Here's how:
NOTE: You will need to check the new account email for a code during this procedure, so you will need to make sure you can access the webmail or access the email from your phone or tablet prior to setting this up.
FIRST PART (instructions look like a lot, but I broke it down a lot so it's not as much as it looks like I promise!)
- Log into your Gmail account and go to your email window.
- Click the gear in the top right corner which opens a dropdown menu. Choose Settings.
- At the top of the white area are a bunch of links. Click Accounts and Import.
- On the left of the white area go to the section for Send Mail as: and click the link "Add another email address"
- In the window that pops up:
- In the Name box put the name you want to show to people on your emails
- Put your new account email address in the email address box
- Leave the checkbox checked for "Treat as an alias"
- Click the 'Specify a different "reply-to" address' then add your new account email address there too
- Click "Next Step" to go to the next screen
- In the next screen for SMTP Server info:
- Add the server info to the SMTP Server box: chi-node66.websitehostserver.net
- Change the port to 465
- Put your full new account email address in the Username box
- Put your new email account's password in the Password box
- Be sure that the TLS choice has the dot in it, the (recommended) one.
- Click Add Account
- The next screen will ask you for a confirmation code. You will need to check your new account email to get this code and type or copy/paste it into the box and click the Verify button. This adds the email address to your Send Mail section so you can send email "From" that address.
- In the same Settings section under the Add another email address link, be sure to put the dot in the "Reply from the same address the message was sent to" choice.
SECOND PART – Adding the email address to check it
- On the same Settings page underneath the "Send mail as" section you will see the "Check mail from other accounts:" section. Click the link for "Add a mail account"
- In the Window that pops up add your new account email address in the box and then click next
- On the next screen the dot should already be in "Import emails from my other account (POP3)". Click Next as the other choice is not availble for this Gmail feature.
- On the next window put your Full new account email address and password in the boxes and in the POP server add the same server information that you did for the other section: chi-node66.websitehostserver.net
- Change the port to 995
- Put a check in "Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server"
- This is where it will leave the messages on the server if others will need to access this account's emails. Please DO NOT check this box for your personal accounts that only you will ever access.
- If you need to leave email on the server for others to access, you will need to be sure that all junk mail, unnecessary mail, etc. is deleted from the server on a regular basis so that it doesn't waste the space on the server. To do this you will need to log into the webmail account.
- Put a check in the box for "Always use secure (SSL) when retrieving mail."
- Click Add Account.
That's it! Now when you check your Gmail account, your new account email will be in your inbox with the rest of your Gmail's email. If I find a way to separate the email accounts in there I'll update this tutorial, but so far there doesn't seem to be any way to do that.
As always please feel free to contact me if you have any issues or questions.
Can I edit my own website that you created for me once it's finished?
Answer: Of course you can! Once we're finished with the website you will have full access as well as a complete zip file of the entire site once you have signed off on the website as "completed". At that time you are more than welcome to take over the maintenance of the website or should you decide at a later date that you haven't the time for it you can always opt to have us do the website maintenance.
- Although we do provide you with the login details for your hosted account, do keep in mind that we ask that you do not make changes to the files or any of the installed apps until after we are finished. This will help us provide a smooth working backdrop so we are not needing to redo any settings that may affect the completion of the website. Feel free though to browse around your cPanel and get familiar with it, setup email accounts if you need those, etc.
- Please realize that if you make changes and we need to re-alter the settings back in order to complete the website, there will be extra charges involved.
- Please also realize that once we've handed the website over to you for doing your own maintenance, any corrections that we may need to do to fix the changes you've made (in other words you've changed something and it broke and you're not sure how to fix it), will incur maintenance charges.
Will there be virus protection security to our site visitors and our websites if we host with you?
Answer: Absolutely! Our servers are protected from many threats and spyware to keep yours and your visitors computers clean and safe.
Should your website become infected by outside influence (in other words you yourself didn't upload something that caused the issue) and need to be restored, we'll be sure your site is restored to it's former glory if at all possible (which backups usually handle pretty well if the backups aren't infected also that is) and this restoration will not incur any charges to you for the service. If the issue is caused by something you uploaded or did on the server, then there will be maintenance charges involved in order to fix the problem.
Can you edit or do maintenance to my already existing website?
Answer: We sure can! We are proficient in most needs that a website update would require so give us a call and tell us what you need and we'll be happy to give you a quote for any work you need, or you can sign up for our money saving maintenance plans.
Why don't you have prices on your website for website design?
Answer: We have learned over a number of years that prices for each site can vary quite a bit so we give each customer a personal quote to fit their needs and their budget. Not everyone has the same needs for their website so putting general prices on our site ends up being almost pointless. We could say $50.00 for a certain type of element, such as a form or gallery, but maybe your form is only a 5 field form and the next person needs a 250 field form. The amount of time needed to create them would be extremely different so the prices couldn't be the same even though the element would be the same "type" of element.
Therefore we do our best to get you the best quote we can in as short of a time span as possible so you can make an educated decision on your website needs as quickly as possible.
How do people find my website?
Answer: They enter the domain name you provide them with to access your website. This would be in the form of a URL address such as http://www.yourdomain.com
Can you fix my website for me? I don't know what's wrong with it and I don't know how to fix it.
Answer: We sure can! We are proficient in most needs that a website update would require. Give give us a call and tell us what the issue is, or what you think it may be and we'll be happy to give you a quote for inspecting and/or fixing the site for you, or you can sign up for our money saving maintenance plans.
How do I point my domain name to go to my website if I hosted with you?
Answer: To Transfer your Domain to Elements in Webdesign follow these simple steps:
Elements in Webdesign's Nameservers:
These are the 2 Nameservers that we use to point your domain to your hosted account with us. These must be changed with your Domain Registrar (where you purchased your domain name) so that people that type your domain name into a web browser will get to your website in it's new location.
Complete this Step Yourself
Most registrars have a Help section on their website that includes the information about how to change your Nameservers to reflect your hosting companies Nameservers. If you're the intuitive type, log into the site where you purchased your domain and go to your account information for that domain name. There is usually a list of all the different settings that are involved with that domain and one of them will usually have the word Nameservers in it. If not, be sure to check your Help files on your Registrar's site to see what area you need to enter to be able to change these. It's not a hard thing to do at all, just may take a few minutes to get to the right place.
NOTE: Do keep in mind that once you do change these Namesevers over to ours (or anyone elses for that matter), it can take up to 72 hours for these changes to complete. I've yet to see a domain take that long to transfer, but it's always good to know up front that it's a possibility that you may need to wait that long.
NOTE: We would highly suggest that after a few hours if you are checking the domain to see if the domain has transferred over, and if the domain is still pointing to the old location not the new one, that you clear your browser cache, restart your browser and even your computer and check again. Some browsers do take a little longer to get the new location, Firefox takes a while longer than some for some reason, so be patient and refresh the page often after you've cleared the cache and eventually you'll see that it's changed to the new hosting location.
TIP: We've found that if you've got 2 hosting locations and are moving from one to the other that a great way to know if the domain is pointing to new hosting company yet is to log into CPanel of your "New" hosting company (you may have to do this via a back door IP so you don't end up at the old one), go to the Files location there and edit the home page of your site there to change just a word or 2 at best. Save it and then watch for those changes to show up when you're checking your website to see if it's transferred or not. Once you see the new changes there, you'll know your site has transferred!
Let us do this for you Free of Charge
Provide us access to your domain name registrar and we will complete this step for you, free of charge! Contact our support department and we will have you up and running in now time!
If at anytime you need assistance setting up your Nameservers please feel free to contact us. Make sure that you include your registrars name and website.