Elements in WebDesign FAQ
We have put together a list of the most Frequently Asked Questions (or FAQ for short) that have been asked of us so far. We update this list every so often so check back if you are looking for answers to questions. Feel free to contact us if you cannot find what you're looking for here.
Absolutely! EiWD's website hosting servers are excellent with 99.9% uptime and very affordable rates. Give us a call and we can discuss your needs and get you set up so you can use your online space as soon as possible!
Not at all (though we always hope you will *winks*). You can contact us for hosting anytime you like. Just choose the package you want to sign up for and we'll invoice you for the payment and get you setup a.s.a.p.!
If you are working with the cPanel on your own, you will find all the information needed within the email accounts area. If you had your email address(es) set up by me, you will have been sent an email with a direct link to your webmail. Should you need this information sent again, please contact us and we will be happy to provide you that information. Be sure your request comes from the same email address that is associated with your account.
Depending on the client you are using, the below information will get your email client setup without too many difficulties. These are settings for both IMAP and POP3 so you have a choice on how to set it up.
*NOTE* Most mobile devices auto setup IMAP and give no other choice so don't worry if you don't see those choices.
Secure SSL/TLS Settings
- Username: email@example.com (must use full email address for username)
- Password: Use the email account's password
- Incoming Server: chir102.websitehostserver.net
- Incoming Ports: IMAP Port: 993, POP3 Port: 995 (IMAP or POP3, don't need both)
- Outgoing Server: chir102.websitehostserver.net
- Outgoing SMTP Port: 465
Authentication is required for IMAP, POP3, and SMTP. (this means if you see an SSL/TLS type of setting, choose it)
Yes you can and it's easy to do! Here's the step by step instructions on how to do this so you can use your Gmail Inbox to check your email. Here's how:
NOTE: You will need to check the new account email for a code during this procedure, so you will need to make sure you can access the webmail or access the email from your phone or tablet prior to setting this up.
FIRST PART (instructions look like a lot, but I broke it down a lot so it's not as much as it looks like I promise!):
- Log into your Gmail account and go to your email window
- Click the gear in the top right corner which opens a dropdown menu. Choose Settings
- At the top of the white area are a bunch of links. Click Accounts and Import
- On the left of the white area go to the section for Send Mail as: and click the link "Add another email address"
- In the window that pops up:
- In the Name box put the name you want to show to people on your emails
- Put your new account email address in the email address box
- Leave the checkbox checked for "Treat as an alias"
- Click the 'Specify a different "reply-to" address' then add your new account email address there too
- Click "Next Step" to go to the next screen
- In the next screen for SMTP Server info:
- Add the server info to the SMTP Server box: chir102.websitehostserver.net
- Change the port to 465
- Put your full new account email address in the Username box
- Put your new email account's password in the Password box
- Be sure that the TLS choice has the dot in it, the (recommended) one
- Click Add Account
- The next screen will ask you for a confirmation code. You will need to check your new account email to get this code and type or copy/paste it into the box and click the Verify button. This adds the email address to your Send Mail section so you can send email "From" that address
- In the same Settings section under the Add another email address link, be sure to put the dot in the "Reply from the same address the message was sent to" choice
SECOND PART – Adding the email address and checking it:
- On the same Settings page underneath the "Send mail as" section you will see the "Check mail from other accounts:" section. Click the link for "Add a mail account"
- In the Window that pops up add your new account email address in the box and then click next
- On the next screen the dot should already be in "Import emails from my other account (POP3)". Click Next as the other choice is not available for this Gmail feature
- On the next window put your Full new account email address and password in the boxes and in the POP server add the same server information that you did for the other section: chir102.websitehostserver.net
- Change the port to 995
- Put a check in "Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server"
- This is where it will leave the messages on the server if others will need to access this account's emails. Please DO NOT check this box for your personal accounts that only you will ever access
- Put a check in the box for "Always use secure (SSL) when retrieving mail."
- Click Add Account
That's it! Now when you check your Gmail account, your new account email will be in your inbox with the rest of your Gmail's email. If I find a way to separate the email accounts in there I'll update this tutorial, but so far there doesn't seem to be any way to do that.
As always please feel free to contact me if you have any issues or questions.
Of course you can! Once we're finished with the website you will have full access as well as a complete zip file of the entire site once you have signed off on the website as "completed" and, of course, the payment has been made in full. At that time you are more than welcome to take over the maintenance of the website. Should you decide at a later date that you haven't the time for it you can always opt to have us do the website maintenance.
- Although we do provide you with the login details for your hosted account, we ask that you do not make changes to the files or any of the installed apps until after we are finished with the website, or until we have signed it off to you to do maintenance. This will help us provide a smooth working system so we are not needing to redo any settings that may affect the completion of the website. Feel free though to browse around your cPanel and get familiar with it, setup email accounts if you need those.
- Please realize that if you make changes and we need to re-alter the settings back in order to complete the website, there will be extra charges involved.
- Please also realize that once we've handed the website over to you, should you opt to do your own maintenance, any corrections that we may need to do to fix the changes you've made (in other words you've changed something and it broke and you're not sure how to fix it), will incur maintenance charges. Fixes do come at a higher rate than normal maintenance.
*SOFTWARE NOTE* We use a specific web design app that uses a proprietary file (it keeps everything in one file) so any changes we do need to be done within that software as it cannot detect changes made outside of it. Because of this, should you opt to take over maintenance for your site it is highly recommended that you do so with this software so that should anything need to be fixed by us later, you won't lose any changes you've made since you took over.
These are just warnings to be cautious, we're not trying to steer you away from doing your own updates, that is your right, it is your site after all not ours, but do keep these points in mind should you decide to do so.
Absolutely! Our servers are protected from many threats and spyware to keep yours and your visitor's computers clean and safe.
- Should your website become infected by outside influence (in other words you yourself didn't upload something that caused the issue) and need to be restored, we'll be sure your site is restored to it's former glory if at all possible. Backups usually handle this pretty well if they are not infected also. This restoration will not incur any charges to you for the service if the issue was not caused by you or your worker(s). If the issue is caused by something you uploaded or did on the server, then there will be repair charges involved in order to fix the problem.
- Backups are done with each session of changes to your website when we are doing maintenance. If the maintenance is not done by us, then backups will be your responsibility so be sure to do them regularly as the only backup we would then have is the last time we did changes to your site.
We sure can! Give us a call and tell us what you need and we'll be happy to work on your site with hourly fees or you can sign up for our money saving maintenance plans.
We have learned over a number of years that prices for each site can vary quite a bit so we give each customer a personal quote to fit their needs and their budget. Not everyone has the same needs for their website so putting general prices on our site ends up being almost pointless. We could say $50.00 for a certain type of element, such as a form or gallery, but maybe your form is only a 5 field form and the next person needs a 250 field form. The amount of time needed to create them would be extremely different so the prices couldn't be the same even though the element would be the same "type" of element.
Therefore, we do our best to get you the best quote we can in as short of a time span as possible so you can make an educated decision on your website needs.
We sure can! Give give us a call and tell us what the issue is, or what you think it may be and we'll be happy to give you a quote for inspecting and/or fixing the site for you, or you can sign up for our money saving maintenance plans.
We're glad you asked! One of the main things about having a website is knowing how to get your visitors to it. It's as simple as typing a website address! They enter the domain name you provide them with to access your website. This would be in the form of a URL address such as https://www.yourdomain.com typed into their favorite web browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox and so on.
To Transfer your Domain to Elements in Webdesign follow these simple steps:
Elements in Webdesign's Nameservers:
These are the 2 Nameservers that we use to point your domain to your hosted account with us. These must be changed with your Domain Registrar (where you purchased your domain name) so that people that type your domain name into a web browser will get to your website in it's new location.
Complete this Step Yourself
Most registrars have a Help section on their website that includes the information about how to change your Nameservers to reflect your hosting companies Nameservers. If you're the intuitive type, log into the site where you purchased your domain and go to your account information for that domain name. There is usually a list of all the different settings that are involved with that domain and one of them will usually have the word Nameservers in it. If not, be sure to check your Help files on your Registrar's site to see what area you need to enter to be able to change these. It's not a hard thing to do at all, just may take a few minutes to get to the right place.
PLEASE READ THIS: Do keep in mind that once you do change these Nameservers over to ours (or anyone else's for that matter), it can take up to 72 hours for these changes to complete. I've yet to see a domain take that long to transfer, but it's always good to know up front that it's a possibility that you may need to wait that long.
NOTE: We would highly suggest that after a few hours if you are checking the domain to see if the domain has transferred over, and if the domain is still pointing to the old location not the new one, that you clear your browser cache, restart your browser and even your computer and check again. Some browsers do take a little longer to get the new location. Firefox takes a while longer than other browsers for some reason, so be patient and refresh the page often after you've cleared the cache and eventually you'll see that it's changed to the new hosting location.
Let us do this for you Free of Charge
Provide us access to your domain name registrar and we will complete this step for you, free of charge! Contact us with your information and we will have you up and running in no time!
If at anytime you need assistance setting up your Nameservers please feel free to contact us. Make sure that you include your registrars name and website.